Economic Benefits

Early Feasibility Study Phase Figures Shows

    Economic Benefits
  • $18Bn p/a in steel production from 44m tpy of steel ($10Bn in Value Adding 116m tpy of primary ores consumed – ¼ 2015 p/a adjusted market figures) “TSC/NRI”
  • Economic Benefit – Global Rule of Thumb in Generated Industrial Steel $1Terms is $1 to $3 = $54Bn p/a +$18bn Steel p/a
    Jobs – Construction & Permanent
  • Construction at Peak 75,000 (including 15-20k o-seas steel plant supply)
  • PIB Steel Operations/Production – Logistics Primary Jobs 35,000 – (20,000 Abbott Point & 12,000 Newman 3,000 Admin Qld & WA)
  • Secondary/Tertiary industrial and service jobs expected 50,000+.
    Governments Tax Revenues
  • Expected Governments Tax Revenues $21bn p/a by 2025 if the bankable approval study commences this year by ¾ 2015?
    Sovereign Governments
  • Sovereign Governments are the biggest PIB beneficiaries delivering an expected conservative 30% taxable revenue (from income & commercial taxes) on a generated $72bn p/a at full production rate of 44m tpy steel.
$55 Billion

Total Project Base Capital Expenditure

6,000 Jobs

Rail Construction Jobs (50% in NT)

1,500 Jobs

Permanent Operations & Maintenance Rail Jobs

$16 Billion

Rail & Rolling Stock

$4 Billion

PIB Steel Complex Industrial Land Sites (WA & QLD)

$35 Billion

10 Steel Plants (5 on each end – owned and operated by the steel mills)

Project Iron Boomerang is uniquely positioned to make sustainable profitable 1st stage steel for the next 75years +

project concept

Before the 2nd world war and over 2,000 years before that, iron and steel was made next to the mines. The PIB case is a return to that best practice and correcting this modern age inefficiency and phenomena of the world’s biggest bulk ships and trains returning empty half the distance. Putting and end to the empty load phenomenon will save net billions per year. The av IO fe 60% the rest is dirt 40% – empty return trip ship and train efficiency is therefore around 30%.

Making the most of an Opportunity

The Industrialised and particularly the developing world is increasingly “competitively dependent” on primary “seaborne” steel making ores which Australia has at both ends of the continent which it uniquely dominates world supply by 60%-70% now and in the future.

Visualising the transcontinental journey